Mamata slams media for spreading distorted information
Kolkata: A day before the crucial meeting of the Trinamool Congress parliamentary party Tuesday which is scheduled to take a call on the hiked diesel price, cap on subsidized LPG and FDI in multi-brand retail, party chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday hit out at a section of the media for disseminating "distorted and concocted information".
"It is utterly unfortunate to see that two three negligible channels are disseminating distorted and concocted information at the behest of certain business interests," Banerjee said on her Facebook page.
"This is totally unwarranted in a democratic set-up," she said and added "I condemn this mis-representation of information from such spineless and negligible section of channels".
Her comment came in the backdrop of reports that Trinamool Congress was conducting back-channel negotiations with the Congress to diffuse the situation arising out of TMC`s ultimatum to the UPA government to roll back the decisions on diesel price, LPG and the FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!