Mamata slams media for spreading distorted information
Kolkata: A day before the crucial meeting of the Trinamool Congress parliamentary party Tuesday which is scheduled to take a call on the hiked diesel price, cap on subsidized LPG and FDI in multi-brand retail, party chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday hit out at a section of the media for disseminating "distorted and concocted information".
"It is utterly unfortunate to see that two three negligible channels are disseminating distorted and concocted information at the behest of certain business interests," Banerjee said on her Facebook page.
"This is totally unwarranted in a democratic set-up," she said and added "I condemn this mis-representation of information from such spineless and negligible section of channels".
Her comment came in the backdrop of reports that Trinamool Congress was conducting back-channel negotiations with the Congress to diffuse the situation arising out of TMC`s ultimatum to the UPA government to roll back the decisions on diesel price, LPG and the FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what