Mamata slams WB Govt for adjourning winter session of Assembly
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata
Banerjee on Friday slammed the Left Front Government in West
Bengal for abruptly adjourning the winter session of the state
Assembly due to problems with the public address system.
"It is strange that the ongoing session was stopped
for 10 days to repair the microphones...how a Government which
cannot maintain the microphones in the Assembly will run the
state," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
Banerjee said the system should have been checked
before the beginning of the winter session.
"We did not break it. It was their duty to check," the
Railway Minister said.
The West Bengal assembly was adjourned for 10 days on
Tuesday following malfunctioning of the sound system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB