Mamata slams WB Govt for adjourning winter session of Assembly
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata
Banerjee on Friday slammed the Left Front Government in West
Bengal for abruptly adjourning the winter session of the state
Assembly due to problems with the public address system.
"It is strange that the ongoing session was stopped
for 10 days to repair the microphones...how a Government which
cannot maintain the microphones in the Assembly will run the
state," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
Banerjee said the system should have been checked
before the beginning of the winter session.
"We did not break it. It was their duty to check," the
Railway Minister said.
The West Bengal assembly was adjourned for 10 days on
Tuesday following malfunctioning of the sound system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'