Mamata takes a walk with supporters on Women`s Day
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday marched along her supporters highlighting her government`s schemes on International Women`s Day today.
Banerjee walked for three kilometres from College Square to Esplanade here accompanied by thousands of supporters from the districts.
The supporters carried posters highlighting the state government`s schemes including the Chief Minister`s dream project `Kanyashri` launched last year to empower women through improved health services and education of girls.
Several leaders of the Trinamool Congress`s women wing including Ministers of State Sashi Panja and Chandrima Bhattacherjee also took part.
"Today is International Women`s Day. I congratulate all my mothers, sisters, and girl children who are the future of our country. My congratulations and best wishes to all my sisters and brothers all over the world," Banerjee wrote on social networking website Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?