Mamata takes a walk with supporters on Women`s Day
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday marched along her supporters highlighting her government`s schemes on International Women`s Day today.
Banerjee walked for three kilometres from College Square to Esplanade here accompanied by thousands of supporters from the districts.
The supporters carried posters highlighting the state government`s schemes including the Chief Minister`s dream project `Kanyashri` launched last year to empower women through improved health services and education of girls.
Several leaders of the Trinamool Congress`s women wing including Ministers of State Sashi Panja and Chandrima Bhattacherjee also took part.
"Today is International Women`s Day. I congratulate all my mothers, sisters, and girl children who are the future of our country. My congratulations and best wishes to all my sisters and brothers all over the world," Banerjee wrote on social networking website Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi