Mamata takes at dig on Moily`s `Bus Day` proposal
Kolkata: Taking a dig at the Petroleum Ministry`s proposal of declaring `Bus Day` once a week to promote fuel conservation and reduce the country`s oil import bill, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said it would be better to walk.
"Petroleum Ministry, being unable to control repeated price hike of petrol and diesel, has recently come up with some suggestions, including a very novel idea. A `Bus Day` once a week when all should travel by buses to save fuel!," Banerjee wrote on her Facebook wall.
"May I ask in a lighter way, why not travel by bus No. 11 (1+1: two legs)?" Banerjee stated via her post and sought opinion of netizens on the proposal.
"Your opinion please," she posted.
While unveiling a slew of measures with an aim to cut down the country`s oil demand and help the national exchequer, Union Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily had recently suggested that one day of a week should be declared as `Bus Day`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand