Mamata takes dig at AAP fundraiser
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday took a dig at Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal for organising a fund raising dinner.
"They are collecting Rs 25 lakh with invitations to dinner parties. I condemn the hypocritical practice of raising money from dinner and lunch invites," Banerjee said at the release of the Trinamool Congress manifesto.
"May be they had different prices for vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, different rates for plain water and coloured water," she said.
Without naming BJP or its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, she said some political parties were taking donations from people to sit in the front row of their rallies.
"I can`t think about doing such a thing ... "For first row seats, one has to pay Rs one lakh. I hate to talk of about this," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan