Mamata takes dig at AAP fundraiser
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday took a dig at Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal for organising a fund raising dinner.
"They are collecting Rs 25 lakh with invitations to dinner parties. I condemn the hypocritical practice of raising money from dinner and lunch invites," Banerjee said at the release of the Trinamool Congress manifesto.
"May be they had different prices for vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, different rates for plain water and coloured water," she said.
Without naming BJP or its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, she said some political parties were taking donations from people to sit in the front row of their rallies.
"I can`t think about doing such a thing ... "For first row seats, one has to pay Rs one lakh. I hate to talk of about this," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon