Mamata takes dig at AAP fundraiser
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday took a dig at Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal for organising a fund raising dinner.
"They are collecting Rs 25 lakh with invitations to dinner parties. I condemn the hypocritical practice of raising money from dinner and lunch invites," Banerjee said at the release of the Trinamool Congress manifesto.
"May be they had different prices for vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, different rates for plain water and coloured water," she said.
Without naming BJP or its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, she said some political parties were taking donations from people to sit in the front row of their rallies.
"I can`t think about doing such a thing ... "For first row seats, one has to pay Rs one lakh. I hate to talk of about this," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM