Mamata takes dig at AAP fundraiser
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday took a dig at Aam Aadmi Party convener Arvind Kejriwal for organising a fund raising dinner.
"They are collecting Rs 25 lakh with invitations to dinner parties. I condemn the hypocritical practice of raising money from dinner and lunch invites," Banerjee said at the release of the Trinamool Congress manifesto.
"May be they had different prices for vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, different rates for plain water and coloured water," she said.
Without naming BJP or its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, she said some political parties were taking donations from people to sit in the front row of their rallies.
"I can`t think about doing such a thing ... "For first row seats, one has to pay Rs one lakh. I hate to talk of about this," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter