Mamata takes swipe at media for carrying Saradha ads
Nalhati: Dismissive of allegations of links of her party leaders with the Saradha chit fund scheme that defrauded lakhs in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday warned that the media which carried its advertisements would be legally proceeded against.
"We are going to take the legal path. We do not do politics by taking money from some," Banerjee told an election rally here in Birbhum district and also took a brief swipe at CPI(M).
Without taking names, she said, "There is a big media house I know. Big conspirators. I am not opening my mouth as of now.
"You have done publicity for chit funds by taking out full advertisements in your newspaper. You will do business from advertisements and accuse Trinamool of taking money. Trinamool Congress prefers death than taking money," she said.
"Target the party which is poor and worship others. Worship CPI(M), worship Congress and BJP. People will not worship you," she said.
"If I get an opportunity I will see that those who took advertisements come under the the law which exists against chit fund companies," she said.
Stating that those making allegations should produce proof, she said, "There is a limit to telling lies. Every day lies are told about us. Some channels right from the morning tell lies."
She said that such allegations were being made against her party because she had always protested against price rise and increase in the price of petrol and gas.
"That is why the game is on among BJP, Congress and two or one channels against me," she claimed, adding that nothing was being said about BJP "spending thousands of crores" and the Congress "squandering money" in defence deals.
She said that after the Lok Saba elections, an exhibition would be held here to expose those spreading canards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened