Mamata tilting towards NDA: WBPCC
Kolkata: The Congress in West Bengal Tuesday claimed that Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee sharing the dais with NDA convenor Sharad Yadav in Delhi was a "clear indication" of her joining the BJP-led alliance`s ranks.
"It is a stepping stone to her joining the fold of NDA," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said here about Banerjee sharing the dais with the NDA convenor at a rally yesterday.
On Trinamool supremo`s indication that her party might bring a no-confidence motion against the Congress-led UPA government, Bhattacharya said, "If she wants to bring a no- trust motion in the House, let her bring it. The Manmohan Singh government will prove its majority."
WBPCC president Manas Bhunia said the presence of Yadav at her demonstration was a "clear indication that she was tilting towards the NDA".
Bhunia, who had recently resigned from the Mamata government, said, "She was in the NDA. She allied with the Congress. She again went back to the NDA. After that she stitched an alliance with the Congress. She is quite unpredictable."
He said that the Congress would fight such `opportunistic politics`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city