Mamata tilting towards NDA: WBPCC
Kolkata: The Congress in West Bengal Tuesday claimed that Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee sharing the dais with NDA convenor Sharad Yadav in Delhi was a "clear indication" of her joining the BJP-led alliance`s ranks.
"It is a stepping stone to her joining the fold of NDA," WBPCC president Pradip Bhattacharya said here about Banerjee sharing the dais with the NDA convenor at a rally yesterday.
On Trinamool supremo`s indication that her party might bring a no-confidence motion against the Congress-led UPA government, Bhattacharya said, "If she wants to bring a no- trust motion in the House, let her bring it. The Manmohan Singh government will prove its majority."
WBPCC president Manas Bhunia said the presence of Yadav at her demonstration was a "clear indication that she was tilting towards the NDA".
Bhunia, who had recently resigned from the Mamata government, said, "She was in the NDA. She allied with the Congress. She again went back to the NDA. After that she stitched an alliance with the Congress. She is quite unpredictable."
He said that the Congress would fight such `opportunistic politics`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!