Mamata to address rally in Jhargram today
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is due to visit Maoist-infested Jhargram in West Midnapore district on Saturday and address a public rally there. While Banerjee’s visit to Jhargram today would be her second after she took over as the CM, it would be her first trip after Maoists’ offer of ``restraining arms`` for a month.
Banerjee, who had earlier offered talks to Maoists and promised withdrawal of joint forces operating in rebel-hit areas if they surrendered arms, would attend a government programme, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy had earlier said.
Banerjee has appealed to all armed groups across the state to surrender arms.
The Chief Minister would meet local people to enquire about their problems and was expected to focus on development programmes.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part II
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain