Mamata to address rally in Jhargram today
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is due to visit Maoist-infested Jhargram in West Midnapore district on Saturday and address a public rally there. While Banerjee’s visit to Jhargram today would be her second after she took over as the CM, it would be her first trip after Maoists’ offer of ``restraining arms`` for a month.
Banerjee, who had earlier offered talks to Maoists and promised withdrawal of joint forces operating in rebel-hit areas if they surrendered arms, would attend a government programme, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy had earlier said.
Banerjee has appealed to all armed groups across the state to surrender arms.
The Chief Minister would meet local people to enquire about their problems and was expected to focus on development programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees