Mamata to address rally in Jhargram today
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is due to visit Maoist-infested Jhargram in West Midnapore district on Saturday and address a public rally there. While Banerjee’s visit to Jhargram today would be her second after she took over as the CM, it would be her first trip after Maoists’ offer of ``restraining arms`` for a month.
Banerjee, who had earlier offered talks to Maoists and promised withdrawal of joint forces operating in rebel-hit areas if they surrendered arms, would attend a government programme, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy had earlier said.
Banerjee has appealed to all armed groups across the state to surrender arms.
The Chief Minister would meet local people to enquire about their problems and was expected to focus on development programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?