Mamata to address rally in Jhargram today
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is due to visit Maoist-infested Jhargram in West Midnapore district on Saturday and address a public rally there. While Banerjee’s visit to Jhargram today would be her second after she took over as the CM, it would be her first trip after Maoists’ offer of ``restraining arms`` for a month.
Banerjee, who had earlier offered talks to Maoists and promised withdrawal of joint forces operating in rebel-hit areas if they surrendered arms, would attend a government programme, Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy had earlier said.
Banerjee has appealed to all armed groups across the state to surrender arms.
The Chief Minister would meet local people to enquire about their problems and was expected to focus on development programmes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case