Mamata to announce special package for Jangalmahal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Monday left for a two-day visit to Maoist-hit
Jangalmahal where she is scheduled to announce a special
package for the people of the region and review the situation.
Last Friday, the chief minister had discussed about a
development roadmap for the three Maoist-hit districts of West
Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia, which make up the Jangalmahal,
with a number of her cabinet colleagues, senior officials and
The law and order situation in the volatile region
figured in another meeting the same day with Home Secretary G
D Gautama and senior police officials.
The meeting deliberated on steps to restore peace and
normalcy in the region and how to improve road connectivity
apart from an effective public distribution system.
State Secretariat officials said the chief minister would
address two public meetings at Nayagram and Jhargram in West
Midnapore district tomorrow. She would hold another meeting at
Sarenga in Bankura district the next day before returning to
Union Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy will
accompany her during her visit.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS