Mamata to announce special package for Jangalmahal
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee on Monday left for a two-day visit to Maoist-hit
Jangalmahal where she is scheduled to announce a special
package for the people of the region and review the situation.
Last Friday, the chief minister had discussed about a
development roadmap for the three Maoist-hit districts of West
Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia, which make up the Jangalmahal,
with a number of her cabinet colleagues, senior officials and
The law and order situation in the volatile region
figured in another meeting the same day with Home Secretary G
D Gautama and senior police officials.
The meeting deliberated on steps to restore peace and
normalcy in the region and how to improve road connectivity
apart from an effective public distribution system.
State Secretariat officials said the chief minister would
address two public meetings at Nayagram and Jhargram in West
Midnapore district tomorrow. She would hold another meeting at
Sarenga in Bankura district the next day before returning to
Union Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy will
accompany her during her visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon