Mamata to attend next UPA co-ordination committee meeting
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will attend the next meeting of the UPA co-ordination committee on August 22.
"Yes I am going," Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister said when asked whether she would attend the meeting.
Party`s all India general secretary Mukul Roy told PTI that Defence Minister A K Antony who met Banerjee at the state secretariat during the day had made a request to her in this regard.
Roy said that the TMC supremo was likely to go to Delhi on August 21, a day before the meeting.
Without elaborating, he said the meeting between Banerjee and Antony was good.
The UPA`s coordination committee is formed to discuss key political and economic issues.
Trinamool, which has been complaining about the functioning of the UPA, however, did not show up at the first meeting held in Delhi on August 8.
Party sources had earlier cited Banerjee`s prior engagement as the reason for her absence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory