Mamata to gift Tagore`s works to Hillary Clinton
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will gift visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton Rabindranath Tagore`s Gitanjali and Gitabitan, and the collected works of Swami Vivekananda during a meeting with her on Monday.
Mamata said that the collected works of Swamiji had been brought from Belur Matt.
A scarf brought from Santiniketan will also be presented to the visiting former US first lady by the chief minister.
A meeting has been slated between Mamata Banerjee and Clinton at the Writers` Buildings, the state secretariat, at 11 am tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark