Mamata to gift Tagore`s works to Hillary Clinton
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will gift visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton Rabindranath Tagore`s Gitanjali and Gitabitan, and the collected works of Swami Vivekananda during a meeting with her on Monday.
Mamata said that the collected works of Swamiji had been brought from Belur Matt.
A scarf brought from Santiniketan will also be presented to the visiting former US first lady by the chief minister.
A meeting has been slated between Mamata Banerjee and Clinton at the Writers` Buildings, the state secretariat, at 11 am tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands