Mamata to gift Tagore`s works to Hillary Clinton
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will gift visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton Rabindranath Tagore`s Gitanjali and Gitabitan, and the collected works of Swami Vivekananda during a meeting with her on Monday.
Mamata said that the collected works of Swamiji had been brought from Belur Matt.
A scarf brought from Santiniketan will also be presented to the visiting former US first lady by the chief minister.
A meeting has been slated between Mamata Banerjee and Clinton at the Writers` Buildings, the state secretariat, at 11 am tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video