Mamata to gift Tagore`s works to Hillary Clinton
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will gift visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton Rabindranath Tagore`s Gitanjali and Gitabitan, and the collected works of Swami Vivekananda during a meeting with her on Monday.
Mamata said that the collected works of Swamiji had been brought from Belur Matt.
A scarf brought from Santiniketan will also be presented to the visiting former US first lady by the chief minister.
A meeting has been slated between Mamata Banerjee and Clinton at the Writers` Buildings, the state secretariat, at 11 am tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row