Mamata to gift Tagore`s works to Hillary Clinton
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will gift visiting US secretary of state Hillary Clinton Rabindranath Tagore`s Gitanjali and Gitabitan, and the collected works of Swami Vivekananda during a meeting with her on Monday.
Mamata said that the collected works of Swamiji had been brought from Belur Matt.
A scarf brought from Santiniketan will also be presented to the visiting former US first lady by the chief minister.
A meeting has been slated between Mamata Banerjee and Clinton at the Writers` Buildings, the state secretariat, at 11 am tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?