Mamata to lead party demonstration in Delhi on Oct 1
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday announced that she would lead a party demonstration at Jantar Mantar in Delhi on October 1 to urge the Centre to withdraw "anti-people" decisions on FDI in retail, cap on subsidised LPG and diesel price hike.
"Let us fight the battle boldly and unitedly. In a democracy, people is the supreme. Our voice is the voice of the people. We must raise our voice, so that the government must reconsider," Banerjee said in a post on Facebook.
She said, "We all will be present to highlight these issues and request the Central government to withdraw the anti-people decisions."
Banerjee said the party`s fight for the cause of common people continued with the help of `Maa, Mati, Manush` throughout the country.
"I am thankful to all of you for supporting our persistent protest against the unethical decisions on price hike of diesel, restriction of LPG cylinders, increase in fertiliser prices and permission of FDI in retail, which are not in the interest of the common people," she said.
She also requested her Facebook fans to tell their friends to join the demonstration at 1:00 pm on the day.
TMC, which has 19 members in the Lok Sabha, withdrew support to the Congress-led UPA government and pulled out its six ministers from the government on September 21 on these issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price