Mamata to take oath as MLA on Wednesday
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
will take oath as member of the West Bengal legislative
assembly on Wednesday, marking her official entry into the House
Speaker Biman Banerjee told PTI that he will
administer the oath to the chief minister as member of the
House at 2 pm.
Mamata Banerjee was elected to the House from
Bhowanipore Assembly constituency, humbling her CPI(M) rival
Nandini Mukherjee by over 54,000 in the by-poll held on
State PWD minster Subrata Bakshi earlier resigned
Bhowanipore seat to pave the way for Banerjee, who resigned as
Railway minister, to get elected to the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'