Mamata to take oath as MLA on Wednesday
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
will take oath as member of the West Bengal legislative
assembly on Wednesday, marking her official entry into the House
Speaker Biman Banerjee told PTI that he will
administer the oath to the chief minister as member of the
House at 2 pm.
Mamata Banerjee was elected to the House from
Bhowanipore Assembly constituency, humbling her CPI(M) rival
Nandini Mukherjee by over 54,000 in the by-poll held on
State PWD minster Subrata Bakshi earlier resigned
Bhowanipore seat to pave the way for Banerjee, who resigned as
Railway minister, to get elected to the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone