Mamata to take oath as MLA on Wednesday
Kolkata: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
will take oath as member of the West Bengal legislative
assembly on Wednesday, marking her official entry into the House
Speaker Biman Banerjee told PTI that he will
administer the oath to the chief minister as member of the
House at 2 pm.
Mamata Banerjee was elected to the House from
Bhowanipore Assembly constituency, humbling her CPI(M) rival
Nandini Mukherjee by over 54,000 in the by-poll held on
State PWD minster Subrata Bakshi earlier resigned
Bhowanipore seat to pave the way for Banerjee, who resigned as
Railway minister, to get elected to the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials