Mamata to traders: Build mass opinion against FDI in retail
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday urged the trading community in the state to build up mass opinion against the Centre`s `anti-people policies`, like FDI in retail.
"You should build up your organisations from grassroots level and seek strong public opinion against anti-people policies like FDI in multi-brand retail," the Chief Minister said after a meeting of the task force on price rise.
Banerjee said that traders would be hard hit by the Centre`s decision on allowing FDI entry in retail.
Earlier, the CM reviewed the price situation at the meeting of the task force, formed to keep prices of essential commodities under the scanner, and asked the traders to ensure that prices did not go out of control particularly during the ensuing puja days.
According to Rabindranath Koley, general secretary of the Forum of Traders` Organisations, Mamata Banerjee took stock of the price situation and expressed satisfaction that prices of most commodities were under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire