Mamata to traders: Build mass opinion against FDI in retail
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday urged the trading community in the state to build up mass opinion against the Centre`s `anti-people policies`, like FDI in retail.
"You should build up your organisations from grassroots level and seek strong public opinion against anti-people policies like FDI in multi-brand retail," the Chief Minister said after a meeting of the task force on price rise.
Banerjee said that traders would be hard hit by the Centre`s decision on allowing FDI entry in retail.
Earlier, the CM reviewed the price situation at the meeting of the task force, formed to keep prices of essential commodities under the scanner, and asked the traders to ensure that prices did not go out of control particularly during the ensuing puja days.
According to Rabindranath Koley, general secretary of the Forum of Traders` Organisations, Mamata Banerjee took stock of the price situation and expressed satisfaction that prices of most commodities were under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon