Mamata to traders: Build mass opinion against FDI in retail
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday urged the trading community in the state to build up mass opinion against the Centre`s `anti-people policies`, like FDI in retail.
"You should build up your organisations from grassroots level and seek strong public opinion against anti-people policies like FDI in multi-brand retail," the Chief Minister said after a meeting of the task force on price rise.
Banerjee said that traders would be hard hit by the Centre`s decision on allowing FDI entry in retail.
Earlier, the CM reviewed the price situation at the meeting of the task force, formed to keep prices of essential commodities under the scanner, and asked the traders to ensure that prices did not go out of control particularly during the ensuing puja days.
According to Rabindranath Koley, general secretary of the Forum of Traders` Organisations, Mamata Banerjee took stock of the price situation and expressed satisfaction that prices of most commodities were under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III