Mamata urges regional parties to unite to oust UPA
Panihati (WB): Stopping short of giving a call for a fourth front at the national-level, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday exhorted regional parties to come under one umbrella and oust the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre.
"Now there should be a slogan -- No third UPA government. Let all regional parties unite to provide a stable and pro-people government at the Centre," Banerjee told a party rally in this North 24 Parganas district town.
Claiming that the UPA would not come to power in the next Lok Sabha elections, the Trinamool Congress supremo said "One, two, three, bid goodbye to the UPA government. We want a change in the seat of power in Delhi.
"We have the strength to fight all odds and ensure that a third UPA government is not formed after the Lok Sabha elections," she said.
Banerjee, who spoke for nearly two hours, alleged a conspiracy by the Congress and the CPI(M) against her government, while dubbing the the central government `vindictive` towards West Bengal.
Alleging that the Centre wanted to deprive the state economically, she said that conspiracies began after the Trinamool Congress quit the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore