Mamata visits house of Trinamool leader killed in group clash
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday night visited the house of a Trinamool Congress leader who was killed in a clash between two groups of the party over a vacant piece of land at Dhapa here.
During her visit to the house of the victim, Adhir Maiti, late in the evening, Banerjee handed over a cheque of Rs two lakh to his family members.
Maiti died at a hospital when he was brought there after the clash at Dhapa in the eastern fringes of the city on Wednesday.
She offered employment to two persons of the Maiti`s family.
The Chief Minister also assured Maiti`s family members that appropriate action would be taken against the main accused, Trinamool Congress Councillor Sambhunath Kow.
Banerjee had on Wednesday ordered the arrest of Kow who is absconding, the police said.
The police have seized one of the vehicles of Kow who is the councillor of Ward No 58 of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das