Mamata visits house of Trinamool leader killed in group clash
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday night visited the house of a Trinamool Congress leader who was killed in a clash between two groups of the party over a vacant piece of land at Dhapa here.
During her visit to the house of the victim, Adhir Maiti, late in the evening, Banerjee handed over a cheque of Rs two lakh to his family members.
Maiti died at a hospital when he was brought there after the clash at Dhapa in the eastern fringes of the city on Wednesday.
She offered employment to two persons of the Maiti`s family.
The Chief Minister also assured Maiti`s family members that appropriate action would be taken against the main accused, Trinamool Congress Councillor Sambhunath Kow.
Banerjee had on Wednesday ordered the arrest of Kow who is absconding, the police said.
The police have seized one of the vehicles of Kow who is the councillor of Ward No 58 of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi