Mamata visits house of Trinamool leader killed in group clash
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday night visited the house of a Trinamool Congress leader who was killed in a clash between two groups of the party over a vacant piece of land at Dhapa here.
During her visit to the house of the victim, Adhir Maiti, late in the evening, Banerjee handed over a cheque of Rs two lakh to his family members.
Maiti died at a hospital when he was brought there after the clash at Dhapa in the eastern fringes of the city on Wednesday.
She offered employment to two persons of the Maiti`s family.
The Chief Minister also assured Maiti`s family members that appropriate action would be taken against the main accused, Trinamool Congress Councillor Sambhunath Kow.
Banerjee had on Wednesday ordered the arrest of Kow who is absconding, the police said.
The police have seized one of the vehicles of Kow who is the councillor of Ward No 58 of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!