Mamata visits house of Trinamool leader killed in group clash
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday night visited the house of a Trinamool Congress leader who was killed in a clash between two groups of the party over a vacant piece of land at Dhapa here.
During her visit to the house of the victim, Adhir Maiti, late in the evening, Banerjee handed over a cheque of Rs two lakh to his family members.
Maiti died at a hospital when he was brought there after the clash at Dhapa in the eastern fringes of the city on Wednesday.
She offered employment to two persons of the Maiti`s family.
The Chief Minister also assured Maiti`s family members that appropriate action would be taken against the main accused, Trinamool Congress Councillor Sambhunath Kow.
Banerjee had on Wednesday ordered the arrest of Kow who is absconding, the police said.
The police have seized one of the vehicles of Kow who is the councillor of Ward No 58 of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands