Mamata welcomes new Governor
Kolaghat: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday said she welcomes Keshari Nath Tripathi who would soon take charge as the new state Governor.
"I have spoken to the new Governor over phone. I welcome him to Bengal," Banerjee told reporters here when asked about him.
Former Uttar Pradesh Speaker Tripathi, who will turn 80 in November this year, has been appointed as the new Governor after the resignation of M K Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’