Mamata wishes Manna De on his birthday
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee who has conferred the state`s prestigious Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan personally on Manna De, today said that the legendary singer, who turned 94 today, was `evergreen`.
"Happy birthday, Manna da," Banerjee, who had gone to Bangalore on April four to present the award, said in a Facebook post.
"His melodious renditions fill our minds and moods with unparallelled joy and tranquillity. Manna da is evergreen!" she said.
She said that it was an honour for her government to have conferred the `Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan` this year.
"I had personally gone to Bangalore to hand over the award to him," she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf