Mamata wishes Manna De on his birthday
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee who has conferred the state`s prestigious Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan personally on Manna De, today said that the legendary singer, who turned 94 today, was `evergreen`.
"Happy birthday, Manna da," Banerjee, who had gone to Bangalore on April four to present the award, said in a Facebook post.
"His melodious renditions fill our minds and moods with unparallelled joy and tranquillity. Manna da is evergreen!" she said.
She said that it was an honour for her government to have conferred the `Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan` this year.
"I had personally gone to Bangalore to hand over the award to him," she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?