Mamata wishes Manna De on his birthday
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee who has conferred the state`s prestigious Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan personally on Manna De, today said that the legendary singer, who turned 94 today, was `evergreen`.
"Happy birthday, Manna da," Banerjee, who had gone to Bangalore on April four to present the award, said in a Facebook post.
"His melodious renditions fill our minds and moods with unparallelled joy and tranquillity. Manna da is evergreen!" she said.
She said that it was an honour for her government to have conferred the `Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan` this year.
"I had personally gone to Bangalore to hand over the award to him," she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'