Mamata wishes Manna De on his birthday
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee who has conferred the state`s prestigious Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan personally on Manna De, today said that the legendary singer, who turned 94 today, was `evergreen`.
"Happy birthday, Manna da," Banerjee, who had gone to Bangalore on April four to present the award, said in a Facebook post.
"His melodious renditions fill our minds and moods with unparallelled joy and tranquillity. Manna da is evergreen!" she said.
She said that it was an honour for her government to have conferred the `Vishesh Maha-Sangeet Sammaan` this year.
"I had personally gone to Bangalore to hand over the award to him," she recalled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price