Mamata wishes people on Raksha Bandhan
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today greeted people on the eve of "Raksha Bandhan", describing the occasion as a symbol of unity and harmony among all members of society.
As our country is an epitome of unity in diversity ... This spirit finds expression through the celebration of Raksha Bandhan, strengthening essence of co-existence of all communities, spreading love and happiness and creating a bond of universal brotherhood, she said.
In a message on social networking site Facebook, she said the day, which celebrates the pious relationship between brothers and sisters, is a sweet and memorable one for her.
I feel like a sweet fountain springs up from the heart of my heart, Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad