Mamata wishes people on Raksha Bandhan
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today greeted people on the eve of "Raksha Bandhan", describing the occasion as a symbol of unity and harmony among all members of society.
As our country is an epitome of unity in diversity ... This spirit finds expression through the celebration of Raksha Bandhan, strengthening essence of co-existence of all communities, spreading love and happiness and creating a bond of universal brotherhood, she said.
In a message on social networking site Facebook, she said the day, which celebrates the pious relationship between brothers and sisters, is a sweet and memorable one for her.
I feel like a sweet fountain springs up from the heart of my heart, Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach
- Air India to fly unconfirmed first AC passengers of Rajdhani