Mamata wishes people on Raksha Bandhan
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today greeted people on the eve of "Raksha Bandhan", describing the occasion as a symbol of unity and harmony among all members of society.
As our country is an epitome of unity in diversity ... This spirit finds expression through the celebration of Raksha Bandhan, strengthening essence of co-existence of all communities, spreading love and happiness and creating a bond of universal brotherhood, she said.
In a message on social networking site Facebook, she said the day, which celebrates the pious relationship between brothers and sisters, is a sweet and memorable one for her.
I feel like a sweet fountain springs up from the heart of my heart, Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?