Mamata wishes people on Raksha Bandhan
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today greeted people on the eve of "Raksha Bandhan", describing the occasion as a symbol of unity and harmony among all members of society.
As our country is an epitome of unity in diversity ... This spirit finds expression through the celebration of Raksha Bandhan, strengthening essence of co-existence of all communities, spreading love and happiness and creating a bond of universal brotherhood, she said.
In a message on social networking site Facebook, she said the day, which celebrates the pious relationship between brothers and sisters, is a sweet and memorable one for her.
I feel like a sweet fountain springs up from the heart of my heart, Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog