Mamata’s apology sought for `undemocratic language` against PM
Kolkata: Union Minister Deepa Dasmunsi on Monday demanded that West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee apologise for using "undemocratic language" against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"There should be cordial relations between a state and the Centre. The kind of language she has used against the PM is not only undemocratic, but also insulting to the basic principles of our democracy and Constitution. We condemn this kind of language," Dasmunsi told a news agency.
While criticising the Centre for price hike of fertiliser, Banerjee yesterday said at a rally, "I have met the PM ten times. I cannot do more than this. Shall I go and beat (him up)? Then you will say I have become a goonda. Without doing anything I am (called) a goonda."
Calling Banerjee "intolerant", the Union Minister of State for Urban Development said, "This kind of words from a Chief Minister while taking about the Prime Minister is totally unacceptable. We demand an immediate apology. We will launch a state-wide protest against her."
Dasmunsi also took a dig at Banerjee`s comments made a few days ago on marching to the Red Fort in New Delhi to protest against the Centre`s alleged apathy towards the economic situation of the state.
"A few days ago she had said that she would march to Red Fort. We all know that Prime Minister on 15th August goes to the Red Fort for flag hoisting. So if she has such plans, she has to wait till 2014," said Dasmunsi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22