Mamata`s brother had cautioned about chit funds a year ago
Kolkata: After West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata`s claim that she came to know about the Saradha group`s alleged fraud only on April 15 this year, her younger brother Kartick claimed that he had warned the party about the danger a year ago.
"A year ago, I had raised an alarm about chit funds and its role in duping poor people, but nobody cared to give me a hearing as I am a small party worker," Kartick told a TV channel.
"After the Trinamool Congress formed the government in the state, some people were out to derive benefit which is dangerous for the party," he said.
He also said "Didi (elder sister) is an honest person and everyone knows this. But she is surrounded by some people who are not fully honest and should be removed from the party to make it stronger."
Asked who were involved in the scam, he evaded a direct answer saying "I think everybody knows."
The chief minister had told a party rally yesterday that she had learnt of the scam only on April 15 and that she would not spare anyone found guilty, including leaders in her own party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried