Mamata`s brother had cautioned about chit funds a year ago
Kolkata: After West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata`s claim that she came to know about the Saradha group`s alleged fraud only on April 15 this year, her younger brother Kartick claimed that he had warned the party about the danger a year ago.
"A year ago, I had raised an alarm about chit funds and its role in duping poor people, but nobody cared to give me a hearing as I am a small party worker," Kartick told a TV channel.
"After the Trinamool Congress formed the government in the state, some people were out to derive benefit which is dangerous for the party," he said.
He also said "Didi (elder sister) is an honest person and everyone knows this. But she is surrounded by some people who are not fully honest and should be removed from the party to make it stronger."
Asked who were involved in the scam, he evaded a direct answer saying "I think everybody knows."
The chief minister had told a party rally yesterday that she had learnt of the scam only on April 15 and that she would not spare anyone found guilty, including leaders in her own party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples