Mamata`s language resembles `language of criminals`: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: Senior CPI(M) leader Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Friday accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of using words that resembled the "language of criminals" which would only encourage such elements.
"Earlier also, she used such language. But for the past few days the kind of language and words she has been using resembles the language of criminals," Bhattacharjee said addressing a programme commemorating the formation of the first Left Front government on this day in 1977.
"Such language and words will only encourage criminals to indulge in more criminal activities without the fear of law," Bhattacharjee said.
Yesterday, Banerjee had alleged that panelists on a section of local TV news channels, who were critical of her government`s handling of crimes against women, were involved in pornography.
Bhattacharjee`s dig at his successor came after Banerjee had accused CPI(M) of joining hands with Maoists to kill her in the Marxist party`s bid to return to power.
Bhattacharjee also accused the Trinamool Congress government of failing to establish the rule of law in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling