Mamata’s new theory: Dieting leads to Dengue
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has asked the youth to avoid dieting as that could bring down resistance levels and result in their falling prey to ailments like dengue.
Her advice to the youth when she spoke about dengue outbreak in the state at a press conference here. Dengue cases have crossed over 600 in the state.
"My young friends, I appeal to all of you, not to go on diet as this can bring down your immunity system and you can be prone to diseases like dengue," she said while asking them to take plenty of food and water.
The chief minister also blamed a section of doctors for diagnosing heart attack as dengue without proper verification and issuing death certificates.
"Writing of heart attack as dengue, is not done. Dengue must be confirmed before issuing death certificates," Banerjee who is also the health minister," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video