Mamata`s paintings to go on sale to raise campaign funds
Kolkata: A representative collection of Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s paintings and
sketches will be put up for sale in an exhibition beginning Monday to raise funds for election campaign.
The three-day exhibition, titled `25 Hours In A Day (Chapter III)`, at a private gallery in central Kolkata will be inaugurated by noted painter Jogen Chowdhury.
Trinamool sources said 75 of her works would be on sale in the exhibition, organised by Jago Bangla - the party mouthpiece.
The first exhibition of Mamata Banerjee`s painting was held in 2005 generating an amount of Rs four lakh.
The second exhibition was held in 2007 which collected Rs 14 lakh all of which went to the victims of Nandigram.
Most of the paintings are acrylic on canvas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video