Mamata`s paintings to go on sale to raise campaign funds
Kolkata: A representative collection of Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s paintings and
sketches will be put up for sale in an exhibition beginning Monday to raise funds for election campaign.
The three-day exhibition, titled `25 Hours In A Day (Chapter III)`, at a private gallery in central Kolkata will be inaugurated by noted painter Jogen Chowdhury.
Trinamool sources said 75 of her works would be on sale in the exhibition, organised by Jago Bangla - the party mouthpiece.
The first exhibition of Mamata Banerjee`s painting was held in 2005 generating an amount of Rs four lakh.
The second exhibition was held in 2007 which collected Rs 14 lakh all of which went to the victims of Nandigram.
Most of the paintings are acrylic on canvas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader