‘Mamata`s silence on infant deaths deafening’
Mumbai: Senior CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat
on Monday lashed out at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
over her silence on the recent spate of infant deaths in the
"When these deaths occurred two years ago the present
Chief Minister left no stone unturned to turn it into a
political issue. Therefore, her silence today is all the more
deafening," she told reporters here.
A total of 36 infant deaths have been reported at the BC
Roy Children`s Hospital in Kolkata and the Burdwan Medical
College in the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- ZTE launches two new smartphones – Blade V6, Axon Mini
- Devas-Antrix deal: International tribunal rules against India
- Heavy rains lash Uttar Pradesh; thunder showers predicted