Mamata`s tenure the golden phase of Railways: Mukul
Howrah: Terming the tenure of Mamata Banerjee as the `golden phase` in the history of country`s largest network, Railway Minister Mukul Roy on Saturday said all the projects being implemented now were planned by Banerjee.
"This is a phase when new trains are being introduced, line doubling work is carried on in several divisions, new projects are coming up.
But all these had been planned by her, which is a golden era of Indian railways by all estimates," Roy said at a function in Howrah station.
Giving credit to Banerjee for the Metro rail expansion project in the city, Roy said this will lead to an integrated railway network in future.
Roy said 74,000 recruitments had been made in the railways earlier while another 1,70,000 workers would be inducted in future.
The recruitments would also bolster the safety aspect, he said again reiterating Banerjee had given all importance to the issue of railway safety and he would try to emulate her.
Four new local trains including Bandel-Naihati, Burdwan-Bandel, Howrah-Bandel and the Howrah-Lalkuan Weekly Express were introduced on the occasion.
The General Manager, Eastern Railways G C Agarwal was among the railway officials present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation