Man alleges doctor removed his wrong eye
Malda (WB): A 45-year-old daily wage
labourer went blind in both his eyes after a surgeon allegedly
removed the good eye instead of the ulcer-affected eye in
Deepu Das of Kushida village at Harischandrapur said
he underwent an operation in an eye camp for surgical removal
of his left eye, affected by ulcer in the cornea, on Monday.
Chief Medical Officer, Health, Swapan Kumar Jhariat
said as per rules before surgical removal of an eye, a doctor
has to obtain the written consent of the family members of the
The rules also say, according to the CMOH, that the
doctor has to take a second opinion of another doctor before
proceeding with the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers