Man alleges doctor removed his wrong eye
Malda (WB): A 45-year-old daily wage
labourer went blind in both his eyes after a surgeon allegedly
removed the good eye instead of the ulcer-affected eye in
Deepu Das of Kushida village at Harischandrapur said
he underwent an operation in an eye camp for surgical removal
of his left eye, affected by ulcer in the cornea, on Monday.
Chief Medical Officer, Health, Swapan Kumar Jhariat
said as per rules before surgical removal of an eye, a doctor
has to obtain the written consent of the family members of the
The rules also say, according to the CMOH, that the
doctor has to take a second opinion of another doctor before
proceeding with the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy