Man arrested for raping deaf and dumb daughter-in-law
Krishnagar: A man was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping his deaf and dumb daughter-in-law in Nadia district, police said.
Tapashi Panth (26), a deaf and dumb inmate of of Welfare Home in Hooghly district was married to Bhola Moira (35) the deaf and dumb son of Mahabir Moira of Kalyani in July 9, 2012.
After her marriage to Bhola, Tapashi alleged that she was repeatedly raped by her father-in-law Mahabir, an employee of the Animal Resources department and his son-in-law Bhola Paul.
Tapashi informed the Welfare Home authorities about the matter. They lodged a police complaint on behalf of Tapashi.
The police today raided the house of Mahabir and arrested him while Babu was absconding, the sources said.
Mahabir was produced before a local court which remanded him to 14 days judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing