Man arrested in capital for trafficking minor girls
New Delhi: A man, who allegedly trafficked minor girls from West Bengal and placed them as domestic servants in Delhi, has been arrested and 14 girls were rescued and sent back to their families, police said on Tuesday.
According to the police, Raju alias Arju (30) was arrested from West Bengal by the Crime Branch of Delhi Police after months of efforts to nab him.
"Acting on a complaint, one Laxman, the owner of LG Placement Services, and his associate lady had been arrested for trafficking and placing minor girls as domestic servants in Delhi and NCR.
"During the course of investigation, it came to light that Raju was the main trafficker who used to bring minor girls from West Bengal and place them as domestic servants in Delhi and NCR," Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ravindra Yadav said.
Yadav said Raju financially exploited these girls and their parents as the money taken as advance was never paid to the girls or their parents.
On receipt of a secret information about the presence of Raju at his native place in West Bengal, a police team was sent to Kolohazra village of 24 Parganas (South) district from where he was finally nabbed, police said.
After bringing him to Delhi, a total of 14 minor girls have so far been rescued on his instance.
"This is one of the largest rescue mission of girls by Crime Branch of the Delhi Police spanning over four months.
"All the 14 rescued girls have been safely escorted back to their homes," said Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists