Man belonging to human rights organisation killed
Kolkata: A member of the CPDR, a human rights organisation, was on Wednesday shot dead by unknown men near Mograhat railway station in neighbouring South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Abdul Halim (32) was returning home after visiting the Mograhat police station when then the miscreants fired at him near the railway station around noon, they said.
Halim, member of Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights, died on the spot, they added.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot with a huge police force as there was tension in the area following the killing of Halim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights