Man belonging to human rights organisation killed
Kolkata: A member of the CPDR, a human rights organisation, was on Wednesday shot dead by unknown men near Mograhat railway station in neighbouring South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Abdul Halim (32) was returning home after visiting the Mograhat police station when then the miscreants fired at him near the railway station around noon, they said.
Halim, member of Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights, died on the spot, they added.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot with a huge police force as there was tension in the area following the killing of Halim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town