Man belonging to human rights organisation killed
Kolkata: A member of the CPDR, a human rights organisation, was on Wednesday shot dead by unknown men near Mograhat railway station in neighbouring South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Abdul Halim (32) was returning home after visiting the Mograhat police station when then the miscreants fired at him near the railway station around noon, they said.
Halim, member of Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights, died on the spot, they added.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot with a huge police force as there was tension in the area following the killing of Halim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket