Man belonging to human rights organisation killed
Kolkata: A member of the CPDR, a human rights organisation, was on Wednesday shot dead by unknown men near Mograhat railway station in neighbouring South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Abdul Halim (32) was returning home after visiting the Mograhat police station when then the miscreants fired at him near the railway station around noon, they said.
Halim, member of Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights, died on the spot, they added.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot with a huge police force as there was tension in the area following the killing of Halim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda