Man belonging to human rights organisation killed
Kolkata: A member of the CPDR, a human rights organisation, was on Wednesday shot dead by unknown men near Mograhat railway station in neighbouring South 24 Parganas district, police said.
Abdul Halim (32) was returning home after visiting the Mograhat police station when then the miscreants fired at him near the railway station around noon, they said.
Halim, member of Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights, died on the spot, they added.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot with a huge police force as there was tension in the area following the killing of Halim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur