Man claiming to be a `Maoist` detained near Mamata`s residence
Kolkata: A mentally retarded youth, who claimed himself to be a Maoist, was detained from an area close to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s house, the police said.
Achintya Kuiti, a resident of Chandrakona area in West Midnapore district, arrived in front of Banerjee`s house this morning and claimed that he was a Maoist and wanted to surrender.
The security officials who were at chief minister`s house detained and handed him over to Kalighat police station.
"We have checked with the officers of Chandrakona police station. He is a graduate and is mentally unstable. We have already informed his family at Chandrakona.
They are coming to take him back," said an official of Kalighat police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India