Man claiming to be a `Maoist` detained near Mamata`s residence
Kolkata: A mentally retarded youth, who claimed himself to be a Maoist, was detained from an area close to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s house, the police said.
Achintya Kuiti, a resident of Chandrakona area in West Midnapore district, arrived in front of Banerjee`s house this morning and claimed that he was a Maoist and wanted to surrender.
The security officials who were at chief minister`s house detained and handed him over to Kalighat police station.
"We have checked with the officers of Chandrakona police station. He is a graduate and is mentally unstable. We have already informed his family at Chandrakona.
They are coming to take him back," said an official of Kalighat police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL