Man commits suicide after killing wife in WB
Krishnagar (WB): A tribal man in Nadia district allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife over her extramarital affair, police sources said on Sunday.
Local people found the body of Prasenjit Sardar (22) hanging from a tree and his wife Madhabi (19) dead in the mustard fields this morning and informed police.
Police went to the spot and found strangulation mark in Madhabi`s neck and Prasenjit hanging from a tree.
The couple were residents of Kalirhat Sardarpara area of Nadia district.
Superintendent of Police, Nadia, Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said "the man committed suicide by hanging himself, but don`t know till now how the woman died. It will be confirmed after the post mortem."
"We came to know that there was an unrest in the couple`s family," the SP added.
Local people alleged that Prasenjit after marrying Madhabi started to suspect that she had an affair with another neighbouring youth and would frequently quarrel with his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon