Man commits suicide after killing wife in WB
Krishnagar (WB): A tribal man in Nadia district allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife over her extramarital affair, police sources said on Sunday.
Local people found the body of Prasenjit Sardar (22) hanging from a tree and his wife Madhabi (19) dead in the mustard fields this morning and informed police.
Police went to the spot and found strangulation mark in Madhabi`s neck and Prasenjit hanging from a tree.
The couple were residents of Kalirhat Sardarpara area of Nadia district.
Superintendent of Police, Nadia, Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said "the man committed suicide by hanging himself, but don`t know till now how the woman died. It will be confirmed after the post mortem."
"We came to know that there was an unrest in the couple`s family," the SP added.
Local people alleged that Prasenjit after marrying Madhabi started to suspect that she had an affair with another neighbouring youth and would frequently quarrel with his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed