Man commits suicide after killing wife in WB
Krishnagar (WB): A tribal man in Nadia district allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife over her extramarital affair, police sources said on Sunday.
Local people found the body of Prasenjit Sardar (22) hanging from a tree and his wife Madhabi (19) dead in the mustard fields this morning and informed police.
Police went to the spot and found strangulation mark in Madhabi`s neck and Prasenjit hanging from a tree.
The couple were residents of Kalirhat Sardarpara area of Nadia district.
Superintendent of Police, Nadia, Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said "the man committed suicide by hanging himself, but don`t know till now how the woman died. It will be confirmed after the post mortem."
"We came to know that there was an unrest in the couple`s family," the SP added.
Local people alleged that Prasenjit after marrying Madhabi started to suspect that she had an affair with another neighbouring youth and would frequently quarrel with his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?