Man gets 10 yr`s RI for raping deaf and dumb athlete
Raiganj: A North Dinajpur district court on Saturday sentenced a 28-year-old man to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a deaf and dumb athlete in June.
Fast track court judge TK Mandal convicted Ranjit Das, an auto rickshaw driver, and awarded the punishment to him.
According to the prosecution, the 25-year-old athlete was was going to Hemtabad from Raiganj by Das` auto rickshaw on June 23.
When all other passengers of the auto rickshaw got down, Das took her near a forest and raped her. Thereafter he took her to his house at Hemtabad and raped her again.
The victim, a state level athlete, filed a written complaint to the police and he was arrested the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves