Man gets 10 yr`s RI for raping deaf and dumb athlete
Raiganj: A North Dinajpur district court on Saturday sentenced a 28-year-old man to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for raping a deaf and dumb athlete in June.
Fast track court judge TK Mandal convicted Ranjit Das, an auto rickshaw driver, and awarded the punishment to him.
According to the prosecution, the 25-year-old athlete was was going to Hemtabad from Raiganj by Das` auto rickshaw on June 23.
When all other passengers of the auto rickshaw got down, Das took her near a forest and raped her. Thereafter he took her to his house at Hemtabad and raped her again.
The victim, a state level athlete, filed a written complaint to the police and he was arrested the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble