Man held for posting lover`s video online
Siliguri: A man has been arrested in West Bengal`s Darjeeling town for having sex with a girl on the false promise of marriage, shooting a video during the act and posting it on the internet when she refused to succumb to his blackmail, police said Saturday.
Nikhil Zimba, a resident of Bhutiabasti area, befriended a woman student of North Bengal University on Facebook and the two became close with time.
Zimba took her to a park in Darjeeling in December and the two had sex after he promised to marry her.
"Zimba recorded a video of the close moments on his mobile phone. He later refused to marry her, and on the contrary threatened to post the footage on the internet if she did not shell out Rs.30,000.
"He gave her a bank account number to deposit the money. But as the girl could not hand over the money, Zimba posted the video on the web," said Darjeeling Sadar police station inspector-in-charge Manoj Chakraborty.
The girl, who lives in Sukhiapokhri area, filed a police complaint Thursday night.
Zimba was nabbed and Friday presented before a court which rejected his bail application and sent him to custody for 14 days, said Chakraborty.
Cases pertaining to sex on the false promise of marriage, cheating, and under the Information Technology and Telegraph Act have been slapped against the accused.
The mobile phone has been confiscated and the footage on the web blocked, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal