Man held on charge of raping baby girl
Bankura: A two-year-old girl was raped allegedly by her neighbour at Kotulpur area in Bankura district, police said on Monday.
The accused, Samsuddin Seikh, was arrested today.
Police said Seikh had taken the girl to his house on August 18 and raped her.
The girl was later found bleeding by her parents who then took up the matter with the local village committee.
The committee informed the police yesterday and the girl`s medical test was conducted, police said.
Seikh was finally traced by villagers and handed over to police today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi