Man held on charge of raping baby girl
Bankura: A two-year-old girl was raped allegedly by her neighbour at Kotulpur area in Bankura district, police said on Monday.
The accused, Samsuddin Seikh, was arrested today.
Police said Seikh had taken the girl to his house on August 18 and raped her.
The girl was later found bleeding by her parents who then took up the matter with the local village committee.
The committee informed the police yesterday and the girl`s medical test was conducted, police said.
Seikh was finally traced by villagers and handed over to police today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre