Man held on charge of raping baby girl
Bankura: A two-year-old girl was raped allegedly by her neighbour at Kotulpur area in Bankura district, police said on Monday.
The accused, Samsuddin Seikh, was arrested today.
Police said Seikh had taken the girl to his house on August 18 and raped her.
The girl was later found bleeding by her parents who then took up the matter with the local village committee.
The committee informed the police yesterday and the girl`s medical test was conducted, police said.
Seikh was finally traced by villagers and handed over to police today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister