Man held on charge of raping baby girl
Bankura: A two-year-old girl was raped allegedly by her neighbour at Kotulpur area in Bankura district, police said on Monday.
The accused, Samsuddin Seikh, was arrested today.
Police said Seikh had taken the girl to his house on August 18 and raped her.
The girl was later found bleeding by her parents who then took up the matter with the local village committee.
The committee informed the police yesterday and the girl`s medical test was conducted, police said.
Seikh was finally traced by villagers and handed over to police today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US