Man held with explosives, fake currency in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police arrested a person with explosives and fake currency notes in the city`s BBD Bagh area.
STF sources said on Sunday that Anwar Hussain Mullick (42), a resident of West Bengal`s Nadia district, was arrested last night at the bus stand in BBD Bag.
They said some "ultra modern" explosives and fake currency notes worth Rs 1,90,000 were found in his possession.
According to sources, Mullick is suspected to be supplying explosives to some banned Islamic groups.
He was on Sunday produced before a court and sent to police custody till July 20.
STF chief Rajeev Mishra, when contacted, said that no link could be established between the accused and the Indian Mujahideen or the Pune blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH