Man held with explosives, fake currency in West Bengal
Kolkata: The Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police arrested a person with explosives and fake currency notes in the city`s BBD Bagh area.
STF sources said on Sunday that Anwar Hussain Mullick (42), a resident of West Bengal`s Nadia district, was arrested last night at the bus stand in BBD Bag.
They said some "ultra modern" explosives and fake currency notes worth Rs 1,90,000 were found in his possession.
According to sources, Mullick is suspected to be supplying explosives to some banned Islamic groups.
He was on Sunday produced before a court and sent to police custody till July 20.
STF chief Rajeev Mishra, when contacted, said that no link could be established between the accused and the Indian Mujahideen or the Pune blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city