Man held with explosives in train
Kolkata: A passenger carrying explosives and detonators was arrested from 12152 Howrah-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Samarsata Express at Adra station in Purulia district.
During checking of coaches at the station on Saturday, the RPF personnel arrested one person from a second class sleeper coach and seized 30 emuldyne explosives and as many detonators from his possession, South Eastern Railway said in a release here.
The arrested man, identified as 40-year-old Samsur Haque Khan, boarded the train at Bankura station and had purchased a ticket for Raigarh in Chhattisgarh.
It was learnt during interrogation that final destination of Khan, who did not have any document in support of his carrying the explosives, was Belpahar in Jharsuguda district of Odisha, which was close to Raigarh, the release said.
The emuldyne explosives, manufactured at the Rourkela factory of an oil company, are used for blasting purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!