Man held with explosives in train
Kolkata: A passenger carrying explosives and detonators was arrested from 12152 Howrah-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Samarsata Express at Adra station in Purulia district.
During checking of coaches at the station on Saturday, the RPF personnel arrested one person from a second class sleeper coach and seized 30 emuldyne explosives and as many detonators from his possession, South Eastern Railway said in a release here.
The arrested man, identified as 40-year-old Samsur Haque Khan, boarded the train at Bankura station and had purchased a ticket for Raigarh in Chhattisgarh.
It was learnt during interrogation that final destination of Khan, who did not have any document in support of his carrying the explosives, was Belpahar in Jharsuguda district of Odisha, which was close to Raigarh, the release said.
The emuldyne explosives, manufactured at the Rourkela factory of an oil company, are used for blasting purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city