Man killed after he protested comments made against daughter
Baruipur: A man was killed allegedly by three persons after an argument with him over the lewd comments they would make against his daughter in South 24 Parganas district, police sources said on Saturday.
Narayan Pramanik, a barber by profession and a resident of Jangalia Srikrishna village under Joynagar Block of the district objected to the lewd comments made against his daughter by Basudeb Adhikary and Tapas Halder, the sources said.
Yesterday Narayan had objected to the lewd comments made by Basudeb and Tapas against his daughter and told Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi about the matter and asked her to tell her son to behave properly, they said.
Last evening Basudeb, Tapas and Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi went to Narayan`s house to sort out the matter. There they had an heated argument and they hit Narayan with a branch of a tree on his head and he was seriously injured, sources said.
Narayan was rushed to Baruipur Sub-Divisional Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries last night, they said.
Today the family of Narayan Pramanik had lodged an FIR against Basudeb, Tapas and Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi alleging that they killed him.
Police said the trio were absconding from the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal