Man killed after he protested comments made against daughter
Baruipur: A man was killed allegedly by three persons after an argument with him over the lewd comments they would make against his daughter in South 24 Parganas district, police sources said on Saturday.
Narayan Pramanik, a barber by profession and a resident of Jangalia Srikrishna village under Joynagar Block of the district objected to the lewd comments made against his daughter by Basudeb Adhikary and Tapas Halder, the sources said.
Yesterday Narayan had objected to the lewd comments made by Basudeb and Tapas against his daughter and told Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi about the matter and asked her to tell her son to behave properly, they said.
Last evening Basudeb, Tapas and Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi went to Narayan`s house to sort out the matter. There they had an heated argument and they hit Narayan with a branch of a tree on his head and he was seriously injured, sources said. Narayan was rushed to Baruipur Sub-Divisional Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries last night, they said.
Today the family of Narayan Pramanik had lodged an FIR against Basudeb, Tapas and Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi alleging that they killed him.
Police said the trio were absconding from the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand