Man killed after he protested comments made against daughter
Baruipur: A man was killed allegedly by three persons after an argument with him over the lewd comments they would make against his daughter in South 24 Parganas district, police sources said on Saturday.
Narayan Pramanik, a barber by profession and a resident of Jangalia Srikrishna village under Joynagar Block of the district objected to the lewd comments made against his daughter by Basudeb Adhikary and Tapas Halder, the sources said.
Yesterday Narayan had objected to the lewd comments made by Basudeb and Tapas against his daughter and told Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi about the matter and asked her to tell her son to behave properly, they said.
Last evening Basudeb, Tapas and Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi went to Narayan`s house to sort out the matter. There they had an heated argument and they hit Narayan with a branch of a tree on his head and he was seriously injured, sources said. Narayan was rushed to Baruipur Sub-Divisional Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries last night, they said.
Today the family of Narayan Pramanik had lodged an FIR against Basudeb, Tapas and Basudeb`s mother Basanti Devi alleging that they killed him.
Police said the trio were absconding from the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday