Man shot at, injured inside Howrah station complex
Howrah: A man was shot at and injured at the Howrah station subway this morning creating panic among the commuters.
The incident took place at around 9 AM when the man identified as Sheikh Moinuddin, a resident of Tajpur in East Midanpore district, was about to climb the stairs of the subway of the station to reach the passenger ticket counter in the station building, Howrah city police said.
Moinuddin suffered a bullet injury in his hand and was rushed to the Howrah district hospital. As people ran helter skelter in panic, some of them chased the attacker Shiekh Asalam and caught him. He was later handed over to the police, who arrested him.
The police said Moinuddin had arrived in Howrah by bus from Tajpur and Aslam, a resident of Khanakul in Hooghly, is suspected to have followed him.
Dispute over payment of money is suspected to be the reason behind the incident, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3