Man who tried to immolate near Mamata`s home dies
Kolkata: A "depressed" youth, who had set
himself on fire in front of Railway minister and Trinamool
Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s residence at Kalighat,
died of his injuries Thursday night at a private hospital.
"Prasun Dutta, died of cardiac arrest at 10.20 pm at
Belle Vue nursing home here," hospital sources said.
"Dutta succumbed to his injuries but the final moment
came off a cardiac arrest," the sources said.
He was initially taken to government-run M R Bangur
Hospital from where he had been shifted to the private nursing
Dutta, a resident of Bansberia in Hooghly district and
an unemployed youth, visited Banerjee`s Harish Chatterjee
Street residence in the morning on Sunday along with a group
of youths to seek a job in the railways.
After sometime, Dutta suddenly set himself on fire
taking his companions by surprise and then jumped into the
nearby Adi Ganga canal, police said.
He was rescued by his companions aided by local people
and rushed him to M R Bangur Hospital.
Later, the nursing home authorities said he suffered
83 per cent burns.
The youth`s family said he worked as a cable TV
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!