Man who tried to immolate near Mamata`s home dies
Kolkata: A "depressed" youth, who had set
himself on fire in front of Railway minister and Trinamool
Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s residence at Kalighat,
died of his injuries Thursday night at a private hospital.
"Prasun Dutta, died of cardiac arrest at 10.20 pm at
Belle Vue nursing home here," hospital sources said.
"Dutta succumbed to his injuries but the final moment
came off a cardiac arrest," the sources said.
He was initially taken to government-run M R Bangur
Hospital from where he had been shifted to the private nursing
Dutta, a resident of Bansberia in Hooghly district and
an unemployed youth, visited Banerjee`s Harish Chatterjee
Street residence in the morning on Sunday along with a group
of youths to seek a job in the railways.
After sometime, Dutta suddenly set himself on fire
taking his companions by surprise and then jumped into the
nearby Adi Ganga canal, police said.
He was rescued by his companions aided by local people
and rushed him to M R Bangur Hospital.
Later, the nursing home authorities said he suffered
83 per cent burns.
The youth`s family said he worked as a cable TV
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room