Mandate against 34-year-old Left rule: CPM mouthpiece
Kolkata: Accepting the poll verdict,
CPI(M) on Saturday said that there was no denying that the mandate
was clearly against the 34-year-old Left Front rule in West
"There was high expectation among left Front workers
to see the eighth Left Front government coming into being, but
it was not fulfilled," CPI(M) mouthpiece `Ganashakti` said
in its editorial column.
"The Left Front has accepted the verdict and decided
to play the role of a responsible opposition group in
accordance with democratic traditions," it said.
According to the daily, the Front would analyse the
poll reverses and try to identify the lapses of the Left
"It is the responsibility to win back confidence of
the people by correcting the lapses and reach the doorsteps
of the people."
Alleging that after 34 years, "a semi-fascist power
aligned with extreme anti-people policies" had come to power
in the state, the CPI(M) daily said "there is apprehension
about move to curb the rights of the working class."
The editorial professed fear that the achievements
in the Left Front rule in last 34 years might be undone under
the new regime.
"People`s interest is not safe in the hands of the new
regime, particularly land reforms, democratic panchayat
system, development in agriculture, unity and integrity and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city