Maoist action squad member arrested
Jhargram: A Maoist action squad member,
accused in the murder of five persons including a CPI(M)
worker in West Midnapore district, was arrested by joint
forces from Jhargram this evening.
Additional Superintendent of Police Alok Bajoria said
Prashanta Mahato, an active member of CPI (Maoist) Jayanta
squad, was picked up by joint forces from Ghritokham village
under Jhargram sub-division following a tip-off.
Prashanto, who did not offer any resistance, was wanted
in connection with five killings in the area including the
murder of CPI(M) worker Biswanath Mahto in recent years.
Ghritokham is a forested village known to be a Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what