Maoist action squad member arrested
Jhargram: A Maoist action squad member,
accused in the murder of five persons including a CPI(M)
worker in West Midnapore district, was arrested by joint
forces from Jhargram this evening.
Additional Superintendent of Police Alok Bajoria said
Prashanta Mahato, an active member of CPI (Maoist) Jayanta
squad, was picked up by joint forces from Ghritokham village
under Jhargram sub-division following a tip-off.
Prashanto, who did not offer any resistance, was wanted
in connection with five killings in the area including the
murder of CPI(M) worker Biswanath Mahto in recent years.
Ghritokham is a forested village known to be a Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency