Maoist action squad member arrested
Jhargram: A Maoist action squad member,
accused in the murder of five persons including a CPI(M)
worker in West Midnapore district, was arrested by joint
forces from Jhargram this evening.
Additional Superintendent of Police Alok Bajoria said
Prashanta Mahato, an active member of CPI (Maoist) Jayanta
squad, was picked up by joint forces from Ghritokham village
under Jhargram sub-division following a tip-off.
Prashanto, who did not offer any resistance, was wanted
in connection with five killings in the area including the
murder of CPI(M) worker Biswanath Mahto in recent years.
Ghritokham is a forested village known to be a Maoist
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed