Maoist action squad member held
Jhargram (WB): A Maoist action squad member, wanted in several murder cases, was on Saturday arrested from Belpahari area in West Midnapore district.
Indrajit Karmakar, having 19 warrants issued against him for seven murders and other anti-state activities in jangalmahal belt, was arrested by joint forces of police and paramilitary, Jhargram SP Bharati Ghosh said.
The area is near Jhargram border.
Karmakar was a member of the CPI (Maoist) Shyamal squad, active in the area in past two-three years.
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's namesake throws slipper at him in Patna, arrested
- Liquor baron Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sahba