Maoist action squad member held
Jhargram (WB): A Maoist action squad member, wanted in several murder cases, was on Saturday arrested from Belpahari area in West Midnapore district.
Indrajit Karmakar, having 19 warrants issued against him for seven murders and other anti-state activities in jangalmahal belt, was arrested by joint forces of police and paramilitary, Jhargram SP Bharati Ghosh said.
The area is near Jhargram border.
Karmakar was a member of the CPI (Maoist) Shyamal squad, active in the area in past two-three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state