Maoist arms suppliers held in West Bengal
Kolkata: Two arms suppliers who allegedly catered to the Maoists were arrested early Sunday from West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said.
Biswanath Mondal and Sheikh Amjad were arrested from Bankura district`s Chatna area.
"We have arrested two arms suppliers from Chatna area early Sunday," Bankura Superintendent of Police Pranab Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Fifteen gelatin sticks and 20 detonators were recovered from them, he said.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row