Maoist arms suppliers held in West Bengal
Kolkata: Two arms suppliers who allegedly catered to the Maoists were arrested early Sunday from West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said.
Biswanath Mondal and Sheikh Amjad were arrested from Bankura district`s Chatna area.
"We have arrested two arms suppliers from Chatna area early Sunday," Bankura Superintendent of Police Pranab Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Fifteen gelatin sticks and 20 detonators were recovered from them, he said.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband