Maoist arms suppliers held in West Bengal
Kolkata: Two arms suppliers who allegedly catered to the Maoists were arrested early Sunday from West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said.
Biswanath Mondal and Sheikh Amjad were arrested from Bankura district`s Chatna area.
"We have arrested two arms suppliers from Chatna area early Sunday," Bankura Superintendent of Police Pranab Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Fifteen gelatin sticks and 20 detonators were recovered from them, he said.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack