Maoist arms suppliers held in West Bengal
Kolkata: Two arms suppliers who allegedly catered to the Maoists were arrested early Sunday from West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said.
Biswanath Mondal and Sheikh Amjad were arrested from Bankura district`s Chatna area.
"We have arrested two arms suppliers from Chatna area early Sunday," Bankura Superintendent of Police Pranab Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Fifteen gelatin sticks and 20 detonators were recovered from them, he said.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest