Maoist arms suppliers held in West Bengal
Kolkata: Two arms suppliers who allegedly catered to the Maoists were arrested early Sunday from West Bengal`s Bankura district, police said.
Biswanath Mondal and Sheikh Amjad were arrested from Bankura district`s Chatna area.
"We have arrested two arms suppliers from Chatna area early Sunday," Bankura Superintendent of Police Pranab Kumar told a news agency over phone.
Fifteen gelatin sticks and 20 detonators were recovered from them, he said.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - Purulia, Bankura and West Midnapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri