Maoist arrested in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Maoist guerrilla involved in several cases of violence including the killing of a CPI-M leader was arrested from West Bengal`s Bankura district on Saturday, police said.
"Govind Singha Sardar was arrested Saturday morning from Baruikul in the district. At least 13 warrants have been pending against him. He was also involved in the killing of tribal CPI-M leader Haren Baske," Bankura superintendent of police Mukesh Kumar said.
Sardar, a member of the banned Communist Party of India (Maoist), was involved in the killing of Baske in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends