Maoist arrested in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Maoist guerrilla involved in several cases of violence including the killing of a CPI-M leader was arrested from West Bengal`s Bankura district on Saturday, police said.
"Govind Singha Sardar was arrested Saturday morning from Baruikul in the district. At least 13 warrants have been pending against him. He was also involved in the killing of tribal CPI-M leader Haren Baske," Bankura superintendent of police Mukesh Kumar said.
Sardar, a member of the banned Communist Party of India (Maoist), was involved in the killing of Baske in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him