Maoist attack West Bengal CPI-M worker, kill cop
Bankura: A police officer and a Maoist were killed and two others injured in a gunfight between the security forces and the ultras at Sarenga in Bankura district, police said on Thursday.
A group of armed Maoists shot at and injured local CPI-M leader Tarashankar Patra late last night.
On getting the information, police and joint forces rushed to the spot.
Another team of joint forces from Lalgarh came and a gunbattle with the security forces ensued.
Inspector-in-charge of Sarenga police station, Rabi Lochan Mitra and a Maoist cadre Dule were killed in the encounter, Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg told a news agency.
Another guerrilla Mithun was injured in the gunfight, Garg said.
Patra has been admitted to Bankura Sammilani Medical College and Mithun was taken to Sarenga hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country