Maoist attack West Bengal CPI-M worker, kill cop
Bankura: A police officer and a Maoist were killed and two others injured in a gunfight between the security forces and the ultras at Sarenga in Bankura district, police said on Thursday.
A group of armed Maoists shot at and injured local CPI-M leader Tarashankar Patra late last night.
On getting the information, police and joint forces rushed to the spot.
Another team of joint forces from Lalgarh came and a gunbattle with the security forces ensued.
Inspector-in-charge of Sarenga police station, Rabi Lochan Mitra and a Maoist cadre Dule were killed in the encounter, Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg told a news agency.
Another guerrilla Mithun was injured in the gunfight, Garg said.
Patra has been admitted to Bankura Sammilani Medical College and Mithun was taken to Sarenga hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next