Maoist attack West Bengal CPI-M worker, kill cop
Bankura: A police officer and a Maoist were killed and two others injured in a gunfight between the security forces and the ultras at Sarenga in Bankura district, police said on Thursday.
A group of armed Maoists shot at and injured local CPI-M leader Tarashankar Patra late last night.
On getting the information, police and joint forces rushed to the spot.
Another team of joint forces from Lalgarh came and a gunbattle with the security forces ensued.
Inspector-in-charge of Sarenga police station, Rabi Lochan Mitra and a Maoist cadre Dule were killed in the encounter, Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg told a news agency.
Another guerrilla Mithun was injured in the gunfight, Garg said.
Patra has been admitted to Bankura Sammilani Medical College and Mithun was taken to Sarenga hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie