Maoist held, huge arms haul in West Midnapore
Midnapore: A huge cache of arms, ammunition and explosives, including some firearms looted during the Maoist attack on Silda EFR camp, have been recovered along with some CRPF and police uniforms during a raid by joint- security forces in West Midnapore district, police said Thursday.
A hardcore Maoist was arrested and 27 persons were detained during the raid on a house in Jharnadiha village under Maoist-infested Binpur police station area yesterday, a
top police official of the district told reporters.
The seizure included some AK-47 and INSAS rifles, detonators, gelatine sticks, crude bombs, two computers, CDs and some electronic gadgets.
The police official said some uniforms of the CRPF and police force have also been seized in the raid.
The joint-forces also found some of the firearms looted during the Maoist attack on EFR camp at Silda on February 15 which left 24 EFR personnel dead.
Of the 27 persons detained by the security personnel, seven were later let off after interrogation at Binpur police station, he said, adding more raids would be conducted in the Jangalmahal area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation