Maoist held, huge arms haul in West Midnapore
Midnapore: A huge cache of arms, ammunition and explosives, including some firearms looted during the Maoist attack on Silda EFR camp, have been recovered along with some CRPF and police uniforms during a raid by joint- security forces in West Midnapore district, police said Thursday.
A hardcore Maoist was arrested and 27 persons were detained during the raid on a house in Jharnadiha village under Maoist-infested Binpur police station area yesterday, a
top police official of the district told reporters.
The seizure included some AK-47 and INSAS rifles, detonators, gelatine sticks, crude bombs, two computers, CDs and some electronic gadgets.
The police official said some uniforms of the CRPF and police force have also been seized in the raid.
The joint-forces also found some of the firearms looted during the Maoist attack on EFR camp at Silda on February 15 which left 24 EFR personnel dead.
Of the 27 persons detained by the security personnel, seven were later let off after interrogation at Binpur police station, he said, adding more raids would be conducted in the Jangalmahal area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam