Maoist leader arrested, challenger mines seized separately in WB
Jhargram: A Maoist leader was arrested and several challenger mines were seized on Sunday during raids by security forces in West Midnapore district, police said.
"Acting on a tip-off, Maoist squad member Saheb Ram Soren was arrested from his village at Shingpur in Binpur police station. He has been absconding and was wanted in several cases of murder, conspiracy and sedition," SDPO Santosh Mondal said.
A leader of Binpur Maoist squad, Soren was arrested this morning when the security forces raided his village. He would be produced before Jhargram SDJM court tomorrow.
In a separate incident, security forces seized 18 challenger mines from a jungle near Chotojharia in Gopiballavpur of the district.
The raid was conducted after specific information about two Maoist groups having entered from neighbouring Jharkhand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued