Maoist leader arrested, challenger mines seized separately in WB
Jhargram: A Maoist leader was arrested and several challenger mines were seized on Sunday during raids by security forces in West Midnapore district, police said.
"Acting on a tip-off, Maoist squad member Saheb Ram Soren was arrested from his village at Shingpur in Binpur police station. He has been absconding and was wanted in several cases of murder, conspiracy and sedition," SDPO Santosh Mondal said.
A leader of Binpur Maoist squad, Soren was arrested this morning when the security forces raided his village. He would be produced before Jhargram SDJM court tomorrow.
In a separate incident, security forces seized 18 challenger mines from a jungle near Chotojharia in Gopiballavpur of the district.
The raid was conducted after specific information about two Maoist groups having entered from neighbouring Jharkhand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened