Maoist leader arrested, challenger mines seized separately in WB
Jhargram: A Maoist leader was arrested and several challenger mines were seized on Sunday during raids by security forces in West Midnapore district, police said.
"Acting on a tip-off, Maoist squad member Saheb Ram Soren was arrested from his village at Shingpur in Binpur police station. He has been absconding and was wanted in several cases of murder, conspiracy and sedition," SDPO Santosh Mondal said.
A leader of Binpur Maoist squad, Soren was arrested this morning when the security forces raided his village. He would be produced before Jhargram SDJM court tomorrow.
In a separate incident, security forces seized 18 challenger mines from a jungle near Chotojharia in Gopiballavpur of the district.
The raid was conducted after specific information about two Maoist groups having entered from neighbouring Jharkhand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!