Maoist squad leader held in West Bengal
Kolkata: A Maoist squad leader has been arrested from West Midnapore district of West Bengal, police said on Tuesday.
According to police, the Maoist leader was arrested Monday night. He was presented before a local court Tuesday morning.
"Subhas Modi, a close aide of Sashadhar Mahato, and his wife Suchitra Mahato are top ultra Left leaders and state committee members of the Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist)," said West Midnapore superintendent of police Manoj Verma.
"Acting of an information, the joint forces conducted a raid and arrested Subhas Modi from Bachurdoba village of Jhargram sub-division of the district. He was involved in several cases, including murder and torching government property," said Verma.
Maoists are active in three western districts of the state - West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi